Test your students’ global IQ at our annual international knowledge competition for high school students.
2024 Competition Details
Date: Wednesday, March 13, 2024
Location: This year’s competition will be in person, Wednesday, March 13, 2024. Mall of America, Parkview Meeting + Event Center (5204 Center Court)
Time: 3:30 pm – 6:00 pm CDT
This free event invites teams of four to challenge their global knowledge to correctly answer a series of multiple-choice questions in competition with other local schools. The winning team will represent Minnesota at the national Academic WorldQuest competition organized by the World Affairs Councils of America, at the end of April 2024 in Washington, DC. The team will also get to attend the College and Career Fair on April 19, 2024, during the National Competition weekend, providing a unique opportunity for students to explore educational and career paths related to international affairs.
- Each high school (9-12 grade students) can register up to 2 teams of 4 students on a first-come, first-served basis. Additional teams can be registered if space allows.
- FREE to compete
- Refreshments provided
- Additional prize drawings throughout the event
- Team Spirit Award: Let your Spirit show with fun costumes and enthusiastic energy for a chance to win $100 in Chipotle gift cards!
- First place team receives a championship trophy for their school, and the opportunity to represent Minnesota at the national competition in Washington, D.C. in April. Global Minnesota will cover the cost of roundtrip airfare from Minneapolis to Washington, D.C. for the four team members and an adult chaperone, and will arrange and pay for hotel expenses for the group during the competition.
Academic WorldQuest competition questions are based on the downloadable study guide mentioned above.
The Great Decisions books will be required study material for the National Competition only. For details, please refer to the instructions in the study guide under the Great Decisions section. Each registered team will receive four FREE copies of the 2023 Great Decisions briefing book in the mail (while supplies last with a maximum of 12 books per school).
All questions for this year’s competition will be drawn from sources in the official Academic WorldQuest Study Guide, with the exception of current events and a new category on international trivia.
- The North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO): Alliance and Collective Defense in a Changing World
- Demographic Dividends – Population Shift in Africa
- The Global South
- Sports and Diplomacy
- Country in Focus: South Korea
- Promoting a Green Europe
- Women’s Contributions to Track II Diplomacy
- Navigating AI: The Global Workforce
- Great Decisions
- Current Events/ International Fun Facts
WorldQuest 2023 Standings
|Edina Team A
|Nova Team A
|Mayo Team D
|School of Environmental Studies Team C
|Grand Rapids B
|Osseo Team B
|Edina Team D
|Mayo Team A
|Mayo Team B
Other Participating Schools
St. Paul Central
Contact Sylvia Oxenham, K-12 Education Manager
Presented in partnership with Delta Air Lines, Mall of America, and the World Affairs Councils of America.